We are excited that our full-time internal medicine service is up and running again led by Kit Sturgess (RCVS recognised Specialist) and Chris Ioannides-Hoey (ECVIM Residency Trained Clinician).
We focus on providing answers and an optimal patient treatment plan within clients' budgets.
We build close relationships with regularly referring vets - capacity will be reached quickly so recommend that you come on board quickly.
The service is supported by a specialist anaesthesia team, high level nursing support, 128 slice CT, in-house laboratory and diagnostics.
If you would like to discuss a case before a referral, please email the medicine team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gastrointestinal conditions - includes investigation of chronic diarrhoea and vomiting, regurgitation, foreign body removal, dyschezia, haematochezia.
- Urinary and renal disorders – Includes acute or chronic azotaemia, dysuria, urinary incontinence, urolithiasis, haematuria, recurrent urinary tract infections. Diagnosis may involve a variety of imaging modalities including cystoscopy.
- Hepatobiliary disease - Includes investigations of jaundice, increased liver enzyme activities, suspected portosystemic shunts and biliary disorders.
- Pancreatic disease - Includes investigating and treating pancreatitis and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
- Haematologic and immune-mediated disease – Includes immune-mediated polyarthritis, steroid-responsive meningitis arteritis. Diagnosis may involve arthrocentesis and/or cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) sampling.
- Signs of systemic illness such as weight loss, anorexia, pyrexia of unknown origin.
- Glucose monitoring - Includes FreeStyle Libre application and monitoring for our diabetic patients.
We look forward to helping you support patients requiring internal medicine referral.